Thursday, May 22, 2014

VIDEO TUTORIAL:
how to make a stamp


While spring cleaning a few years ago, I found an entire box of cassette cases in my closet.
I completely forgot that I had these and decided to put them to use.
Ever since then, I've been repurposing cassette cases to make printing stamps.

supplies needed:


First, seal the cassette case with a strip of tape.



The craft foam that I prefer to use has a paper-backed adhesive side, so I like to stack up
about 3 to 4 sheets in order to make a stamp that
extends high above the cassette case and that is a bit thick.


Draw any kind of shape you want.
In this example, I am keeping it really simple, but you can get
quite detailed with this material by cutting into it with a wood burning tool.


Cut it out and assemble it on your cassette case.
Save any left over bits to make another stamp.


Print on paper or fabric.


You can use a brush to apply the paint directly on the stamp or use a paint pad.





VIDEO TUTORIAL:



For more fabric painting and fabric printing ideas,
register for my online class
How To Paint On Fabric



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

testing

Anne said...

Wha a great idea to use the casette cases.
I do not get this sticky foam stuff over here (Germany) but I will use normal kraft foam and stick it together with double sided tape... Lets go.

CREATIVE MIND said...

Superb!!

Jen said...

Love, love,love these tutorials!

nrelate content